First acquisition in Belgium and the addition of ‘shrik sleeve specialism’
Express Printing Business (EPB), a specialist in the production of shrink sleeves and self-adhesive labels, situated in Belgium, will become part of the Dutch top-3 player in the market of self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging solutions; the Optimum Group. The addition of EPB, already the 6th acquisition, suits the multi-annual strategic growth plan which aims for upscaling, product range extension and internationalisation. EPB’s management will remain responsible for the day-to-day management tasks and will assume a position in the central steering committee chaired by a 4-member group management team.
- EPB’s addition results in a unique combination of expertise in UV flexo & offset rotation printing and digital printing for a wide product range that includes items like self-adhesive labels, printed banderoles, booklet & multi-layer labels, flexible packaging and, from now on, also shrink sleeves.
- The Optimum Group currently consists of 5 member companies, namely; Etiket Nederland, Vila Etiketten, W&R Etiketten, Speciaal drukkerij Max. Aarts, all situated in the Netherlands and EPB situated in Belgium. The prior acquisition of Etipro has now been fully integrated with Etiket Nederland.
- The member companies all have their own unique product/market combination and future investments are based on the implementation of further specialisation & positioning within the group.
- Through the combination of decentralised, specialised operations and central group functions for sales, finance and staff services, one successful, rapidly growing and decisive organisation has developed, which maintains close ties with its clients.
- Together, the Optimum Group companies are capable of providing their existing clients with even better service. The benefits to new and existing clients include the wider range of products, improved service because of the single combined sales organisation and increased flexibility due to the combined production locations.
- With EPB’s arrival, existing activities in Belgium can be expanded and the rapidly-growing shrink sleeves product group can be added to the range of products.
- The bundling of forces results in a strong and rapidly growing top-3 player in the Benelux market for self-adhesive labels and flexible packaging solutions with a scope of nearly €60 million in revenue, 260 employees, and an up-to-date machinery fleet which includes 19 UV flexo & offset rotation printing presses and 7 digital machines spread across 5 locations.